It is the policy of Mahaska Health Partnership that in the event of an emergency in which client care or service delivery may be interrupted, the following emergency
preparedness plan will be executed.
1) The department director and assistant director will review the emergency situation and determine a plan of action.
2) Communications will be conducted via in land phone with wireless communications used as an alternative.
3) Agency staff will be notified of the plan of action via the phone tree of the department Communications will continue until all involved staff has been notified.
4) The department director will inform the executive director of action being implemented.
5) The department director will authorize and notify mass media Communication Net works i.e. radio, TV, newspaper of any public service announcements related to the
delivery of service.
6) Staff will review client care assignments and resources to determine the most appropriate means for delivery of care and prioritize care based on the following:
Ranked in descending order from most important to least important
a. Daily visits i.e. wound care, diabetic care
b. Medication administration/prefill
c. Acute skilled NSG visit of patient with no family or available caregiver
d. Acute skilled NSG visit of patient with family or caregiver to provide care
e. Health Promotion Visits
f. Health maintenance visits
g. Office visits
h. Clinic, screenings, school health, health education, or other community services.
7. Higher priority clients will have services attempted with lower priority clients having rescheduled for an alternative services date/time.
8. In the event a client on the high priority list is unable to receive services due to circumstances beyond the control of staff, the client will be notified via phone and an alternative plan developed to best meet the needs.
9. Clients have the right to refuse services during emergency situation. Should this occur, staff will ascertain that the client has an alternative method of care and can be safety maintained in their home.
10. Community resources will be contacted i.e. law enforcement, local/state highway department, or other health care provider if assistance is deemed necessary in
contacting and/or providing care during the emergency.
11. The department director may resend employee PTO, continuing education inservices, or unpaid time off in order that staff is available to provide services in event
12. Contingency Plans for equipment and/or system operations specific to community health are located in the business office of the department and may be referenced
and/or implemented during an emergency.
|Mahaska Health Partnership, 1229 C Avenue East, Oskaloosa, IA 52577, (641) 673-3431|
|©2020 FastHealth Corporation Terms Privacy||US Patent Numbers 7,720,998 B2, 7,836,207|